Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Monday...

It's Monday, and I'm sure all moms out there are back to their weekly routines. Of course the weekend was full of things to do. There was probably a soccer game to attend or a church picnic. Maybe your family just spent a nice quiet weekend at home. Whatever you did with your family over the weekend, I'm sure it was the best spring weekend yet. If your a golfing mom then stay tuned to the Master's this week. This is my first time experiencing this event they call the Masters. So I'll admit that I don't like golf. I think it's completely boring, but I moved to the golf capital of the South- Augusta, Georgia. Not only do I not care for golf, but I am also attending the biggest event of the year in Augusta this coming Saturday. Who knew that would be on my bucket list? I hear it's very well landscaped, so my plan is to go and admire all the beautiful grounds. For those of you who might live in the Augusta area, what are your spring break plans? Do you plan on staying in town for the mayhem that is the Masters, or are you planning a relaxing trip to some unknown destination? Tell us your favorite things to do on spring break so we can plan our own spring break trip next year.

Moving on to the next great thing that's happening in the life of an everyday mom this week. I will eventually start posting blogs that will carry a theme. Tuesdays theme might be all about keeping your family healthy by choosing healthy food options or being active as a family. I want to know what your favorite activities your family enjoys doing together. Send me an email about what your family likes to do, and maybe your favorite family activity will be the topic of the day.

I realize that today's blog is a little random with a lot of ideas floating in it, but just to go with that theme, I thought I would tell you a little bit about myself. I am someone who loves kids and love being around kids. I have a background working with children in a preschool and also in an after school care setting. Each age of children that I have worked with has been a great experience. I know that kids aren't perfect, and they make messes, but they are the best gift that has been given to us. Remember that we adults aren't perfect either, and just like children, we make mistakes as well. It's our human nature. My favorite thing about working with kids is listening to them explain something or tell a story. They are so creative. While I don't have kids of my own just yet, I love being around kids and doing kid things like reading children's books. Yes, I admit that I have my own little collection of children's books that I read. Right now I'm reading Harry Potter, but I also have the entire collection of The Chronicles of Narnia. I think it would be so cool to have my own personal library some day. Now that you know a little more about the person writing this blog, I hope you know that everything that is written is of some kind of personal interest to me. I hope that these things will interest you, and as always I encourage you to leave feedback. I look forward to hearing from my readers and getting new ideas. Have a fabulous day!
 
   http://www.amazon.com/Select-Size-Little-Birthday-Months/dp/B004QKLO5U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qlEnable=1&qid=1301930423&sr=1-3-spell&searchContext=B004UGQMNE,B004LSLBAU,B004QKLO5U.


No comments:

Post a Comment